Feel like life is passing you by?
Have you ever had one of those days, where you’re sitting in your office (which lacks any view of the outside world), scrolling through Instagram and dying over the vacation your friends are on – one that you can only dream about because your 9-5 salary doesn’t support much more than your rent and other bills?
I feel you.
And I’m here to help.
Not only am I going to teach you HOW to start your side hustle, but I’m here to support you every step of the way. Don’t know how to do something? Feel stuck? That’s what I’m here for. I am your guide through the tricky, often overwhelming world of side hustling.
THE QUEST FOR $47 STORY
Quest for $47 was born on an April day in 2018. I was on the phone with one of my coworkers, and we were talking about that thing that everyone who doesn’t have a salary that allows them to live the way they want talks about:
What could we do to make more money?
I had been in the online business industry for years, and I thought to myself, “How could I generate passive income to cover my rent and expenses? How much would I need to make each day?”
I did a little math, and $47 turned into my magic number.
And $47 a day? That’s not a lot, right?
When you have an additional income stream, suddenly a LOT of doors open up for you. And that means you get to use what’s leftover after you pay rent and expenses to do what YOU want.
That could be…
- To plan your dream vacation.
- To save for your dream house.
- To upgrade to your dream wardrobe (closet full of shoes, anyone?).
- To take up a new hobby.
- To take classes and get your degree (or another degree. There’s no such thing as being too educated).
- To buy your dream car.
- To have someone come in every other week to clean your house.
As you can see, the sky is the limit when you have financial freedom.
So, do the math. How much money in passive income do YOU want to earn so you can live your life on your terms?
DON’T KNOW WHERE TO START WITH PASSIVE INCOME? (KEEP READING)
Haven’t started your online business yet? Start here, with Start Your Online Business In 5 Easy Steps.
Ready to learn how to plan an entire year of blog content? Join my free, 5-day email course, Content Explosion, by clicking here.
Want to kickstart your online business (and your business MINDSET) and work with me one-on-one for 30 days? Book a free, 30-minute Online Business Clarity Call today and we can discuss your vision. I’m so excited to get started!
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT ME:
A life-long college sports fan and someone who is FOREVER bitter about the country’s east coast bias, my name is Kathryn and I graduated from the University of Arizona in 2012 with a BA in Creative Writing, emphasis in poetry because the fiction studies emphasis was too pretentious for me to handle.
After graduation, I accidentally exiled myself to Alabama in pursuit of a career in athletic media relations. I learned a lot, ate a lot more (they shred cheddar cheese on EVERYTHING), watched a LOT of quality college softball, and met some of the greatest people I will ever know.
I moved back to Arizona in 2013, started working for Arizona State University in its athletic department (yes, my college’s rival, I know, I’ve heard that one once or twice), got my own place, and adopted a cranky old cat named Maggie, aka the four-legged roommate who really ran my household. Maggie has since moved on to hang out with the pets of family’s past, and now I have Bishop, my chatty, comic-book character-inspired roomie who loves to play fetch even though she is certainly…not a dog.
So these days, I spend my time generating passive income and all the ways in which you can generate income while not lifting a finger, and that’s where Quest for $47 comes in.
For work-at-home advice, motivation, side hustle fundamentals, and insider access into the “behind the scenes” of Quest for $47, sign up for the You Can Do It Too Newsletter, which you can do by clicking here.
Some More Random Facts About Me:
- When I text, I send ALL my emojis in groups of three.
- Once, my best friend and I tried to dye my hair purple. It actually ended up making my hair redder than it already was. And my hair is not naturally red in any way, shape, or form.
- I have a very distinct gait–people can tell I’m coming from around a corner without actually seeing me.
- My favorite freeway in Arizona is the southbound Route 51.
- My favorite four-letter word starts with the letter ‘F’. Yeah, that one.
- I have a running lists of songs that I can NOT listen to. One is from the Lion King Original Broadway Soundtrack, the other is a song by Brittney Spears.
- I went cold turkey off coffee in August of 2018 and haven’t looked back.
Quest For $47 Has Been Featured In:
ARTICLES & BLOG POSTS
- Databox Blog – How to Use Internal Links to Boost SEO and the User Experience
- Databox Blog – 22 Common Email Marketing Mistakes & How to Avoid and Overcome Them
- Improve Her Health – The Best And Most Motivational Books for Women Part 1
- Databox Blog – 20 Ways To Fill Your Editorial Calendar with Highly Relevant Topics
- Databox Blog – 21 Ways To Improve The Average Time on Page for Your Blog Posts
- Databox Blog – Email Subject Line Examples: 42 Marketers Share Their Very Best
- I Am Dawn-Marie – Mistakes Amateur Bloggers Make – 34 Blog Experts Share Their Views
- The Rich Girl Blog – The Shocking Untold Truth About Facebook Groups; What You Need To Know
- Insycle (in partnership with Databox) – 30 Companies Explain How & Why They Switched Their CRM and Marketing Automation Software
- Rosa’s House – 9 Ways To Find More Time To Work On Your Side Hustle
- Fit Small Business – Top 25 WordPress Tips & Tricks From The Pros
- Letters To This Life – Meet Kathryn of Quest For $47
- Smile On Purpose – Stronger Than You Feel – 6 Tips For Working From Home With The Conventional 8-5 Just Won’t Cut It
- Blogging Her Way – The Ultimate List of Blog Income Reports
Hi, I'm Kathryn!
Entrepreneur, content & mindset coach, novelist, and huge freaking nerd.
This is Bishop!
Professional couch hog and fetch enthusiast.